Friday, February 11, 2011

WHAT did you do this time........

Yesterday I was at work minding my own business when I received multiple missed calls and text messages. I called my brother in law back when I got off work and he told me Jason got hit in the head during his basketball game. OH GREAT! His head was gushing blood and the paramedics were there. I rushed over to UVU where the basketball game was and met up with Jason. By the time I got there he was up walking around and feeling better. I took him to Intermountain Healthcare so the cut on his eye could get checked out. We went into the insta-care hoping he wouldn't need stitches because we don't have ANY INSURANCE, so it could get pricey! After cleaning the cut up, it was clear that he needed lots of stitches. Once the doctor got there and was looking at the cut it got pretty scary! Yes he needed stitches, but when he got hit it "exploded" inside, as the doctor put it, so there were lots of layers it went through! You could see Jason's eye muscle. The doctor had to ask Jason if we could move his eye and his eye lid because if the cut went to the orbit of his eye, it would be permanently damaged! Luckily it didn't get that far, but the doctor had to stitch up a layer inside his eye with 3 stitches and then 7 more stitches on the outside layer of skin.
MAN OH MAN! This intermountain healthcare place is becoming all too familiar to us! We first went to the same place while we were dating and Jason was playing basketball once again and the rim fell on his head and he had to get staples in his head. Then after we got married I had to go there to treat my bladder infection.
Let's just PRAY we don't go back anytime soon! (Besides getting his stitches out)

This picture doesn't give it any justice, it is covered in too much blood to see it



He has a black eye and is going to have a nice inch long scare on his eye brow for the rest of his life

2 comments:

  1. ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch!!! i showed brian the pic before i read the text...he guessed it was from basketball. haha we hope you guys stay healthy and uninjured!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashton! We miss you guys! Jason is doing good, but has yet to give up basketball (he is even playing tonight with his stitches still in.) I'm not sure what to do with him! But I'm glad to hear you are doing hair at a salon there in Vegas. Come visit us soon!

    ReplyDelete